Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Gauges

Also sorry for the hijack. Happy to remove my pics if you would like.
G

I removed the traditional steering from mine, if anyone has an interest in a gear box, shaft, steering wheel, etc... pm me.

Beautiful car!
Thanks, Tj, glad you enjoyed it. I saw the Potvin blower on a dragster in Garlits' museum in 1989 and thought "now that would look really sweet in a bucket." Started a journey that has been fun, expensive, frustrating, bloody...and all of us know exactly how that goes. But I've met so many great people and had a ball. Bucketheads are the best.
KLS%2Bin%2Bbare%2BT%2Bbody.jpg

"Is it too late to forget the whole thing?"

Last edited:
As far as gauges go I can't afford to be buying $1000 set from those guys.
I will be repurposing some 1955 chev truck and car gauges into a custom dash that blends the column drop with the lines of the fire wall.
Hopefully on the cheep.:thumbsup:

As far as gauges go I can't afford to be buying $1000 set from those guys.
I will be repurposing some 1955 chev truck and car gauges into a custom dash that blends the column drop with the lines of the fire wall.
Hopefully on the cheep.:thumbsup:

My original plan was to use the panel from an early '60s Dodge truck in my body's stock configuration dash. Cost of the 4 gauge and speedometer panel...$10+shipping on ebay. Initially I was concerned about the ability to make the speedometer work with a 700R4, but I was assured that was no problem. What killed the idea was it turned out the panel was too tall by about 1/4", and cutting the dash to make it fit would have looked butchered.

Here's part of the reasons I chose Speedhut gauges.

In a global economy where many companies are outsourcing their manufacturing offshore, we take great pride in designing and developing everything in-house. There's no outsourcing of any gauges to contract manufacturers, and all assembly, calibration and final testing is done in-house. Each Revolution gauge is meticulously built at our production facility in northern Utah. The result is a higher quality product that is still affordable to price-conscious customers.

They lost me with the last line, but I do like the product. I was all set to purchase from them untill the very end, where they charge for senders and shipping.... And not a little. That put it out of my idea of reasonable, basically at the same price as all major competitors, or a bit more for the ones that I wanted. I wonder how many of the components that are "designed, developed, and assembled in Utah" are actually manufactured in the USA. Not knocking them, just wonder. It seems very few things are truly made in USA now days. I do like their product and the design options. I ended up buying VDO, they seem very nice, came with all senders, about half the cost, still a lot for gauges, imho. But when the new base line price seems to be a grand, they all seem high to me, for gauges.... I always tried to be conscious about made in USA, but after being duped into paying premium prices for stuff with a flag on the box and learning it was partially or totally manufactured elsewhere, I have become quite skeptical.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back