Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

economy and motor vehicles

old8ba

Over here in Australia GM and Ford are really battling to stay in business.
Toyota seem to be spending more and more on advertising every week and sponsor sporting teams,tv shows etc etc to thepoint of saturation
People seem to be buying their cars more and more and their Corolla is now the top seller here.
I myself prefer to buy Ford or GM and all my family are the same.I was wondering what other countries prefer...This is meant as light hearted banter not the third world war ,,Any opinions ????
regards Dave

Its happening over here as well.

The media has spent the last year or so spreading fear that the US car makers will not be around in a couple years to cover the warranties of new cars. or even have parts available. So everyone is bailing and buying other makers that are in just as much trouble but its not being spread around the media as much. (At least that is what it looks like around me)

The only maker that hasn't really got bad press up here is Ford, as they have stayed away from bankruptcy and their sales are improving because of it.

oh ok im just interested as we get snippets of whats happening over there and it looked very gloomy...we have had parts suppliers to most makes here hit the wall and both Ford and GM finding it very hard. There are a lot of people here who dont want to see this happen to great car companys that have been with us all our lives and more
cheers Dave

In Oklahoma ford seems to be doing better. Their line up of cars covers the spectrum. ford seems to have something for everone and in all price ranges. Gm still wants to keep pushing tahoe and surburban. The camaro is a 25 thousand dollar car that turned into a 40 thousand dollar car. They havent learned any lessons over the past 2 years. Chrysler is tring to survive and on to some interresting new designs that may help them turn a corner. I think the next year will tell the story on which one will become the new AMC.

Here in the area i live in(Taylor 3 miles from Dearborn) the Ford rules hands down)

I'd rather have a Ford than a Government Motors car any day. We should have let them fail and reorganize the right way.

That being said, my next newer truck might be a Nissan Titan, they do seem very solid. My newest is a 1995 and I'm in no hurry to get anything newer. Sorry all car companies for not wanting something that costs 30K today and 15K as it leaves the car lot. Also, why does anybody buy a new car that runs on the same expensive gasoline that my paid for cars run on? That's why the car companies are hurting in the first place. Don't even get me started on oil companies and oil speculators running up the prices just to line their pockets.

(Having a bad week.)

I saw the U tube of a test track videos that ford did.. I think it was the toyota that the frame flexed so much that the box dented the cab .

Same stupidity over here.

People are selling their bigger cars to buy smaller ones, that use about $30 per week less gas, but cost another $150 per week in payments and depreciation.

My grandfather told me you never borrow money at interest to buy depreciating assets.

As for me, I promised my wife that once I turned 50, I wasnt buying any more cars. And thats in 2 days time, so Im keeping my fleet as they are all paid for, and all ours.

You got two days to get another, if you are fast she just might let you keep it. :cry:

Yeah, maybe in another 10 years I'll retire the 1985 truck. No Toy-oder trucks for me. I will have to take a look at that video. :cry:

Hot Rod Todd said:
Same stupidity over here.

People are selling their bigger cars to buy smaller ones, that use about $30 per week less gas, but cost another $150 per week in payments and depreciation.

My grandfather told me you never borrow money at interest to buy depreciating assets.

As for me, I promised my wife that once I turned 50, I wasnt buying any more cars. And thats in 2 days time, so Im keeping my fleet as they are all paid for, and all ours.

When did ya make that promise Todd?when she was sleeping??So hopefully she didnt hear ya...:DRash move,isnt it?you only got about six cars now..you got less than 24 hours to get me the money for the T Tudor.....:razz:

As far as economy goes,my F100 is on LPG,and doesnt go out every day,so it is economical enough to use as an every day truck,if you get my drift...Costs an average of $150-$200 a month for fuel,would be twice that on petrol,but we do a bit of travelling to swap meets,runs etc,so I am not complaining..;)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back