Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

What is your wheelbase?

Telman2

I've read a number of posts lately about oversize buckets and longer frames and it got me to wondering what wheelbase most guys are running? My wheelbase is 96" and most guys that see my car usually comment on how short it is.

IMG_2316.jpg

117", but mines a roadster with 12" added to the frame in back.

Mine is 100'' wheelbase, I'am 6'2'' tall and fit o.k.,I like having the passenger side door...............

10 25 years ago, most seem to be around 96" now with over the counter frames and stretched bodies, 102" and 104" seem to be more the norn.

Ron

Mine is 108" and the body is stretched 6" in the cowl.

IMG_2715.jpg

LumenAl, you're a braver man then I am, in the 40 years I've had her my baby has never seen that white stuff. She's put away before it comes and stays in her corner of the garage under her cover until spring.

That is going to be one bad ass car when you are done Meangreen.

We have a Mr Roadster front axle with ford spindles and super bell arms, and the ackerman distance to the rear centre gives a wheelbase of 104" give or take a hair. We put 9" on the body length and a 108" wheelbase looks about right.

For the rest of the story

carshow004.jpg

Keeper said:
Bet you got great traction trying to get it back into the garage!! Nice car!

Actually, had to shovel the driveway to get it out...

carshow001-1.jpg

Telman2 said:
LumenAl, you're a braver man then I am, in the 40 years I've had her my baby has never seen that white stuff. She's put away before it comes and stays in her corner of the garage under her cover until spring.

Well... in the interest of full disclosure... wasn't exactly a very long trip...

carshow005-1.jpg

These were shots of it's maiden voyage... as short was it was... just finished installing the interior just two hours before...

this was the distination:

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00010.jpg

and since I'm on a roll boring everyone...

show15-1.jpg

That was a great day... first car I ever built... first car show ever in... best in class.... :biggrin: course that was almost 2 years ago... I've done more work on the car since then...

:beeer::hijacked::hijacked::hijacked::hijacked:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back