Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

What kit is this?

spartacus

Hey everyone, I'm wondering if anyone can identify what kit this is?

I'm pretty sure the body is CCR and I contacted them and they said that the frame kit wasn't them for sure, unsure on the body.

I uploaded all the images to imgur since it's too big to upload to here. Ignore the mess, it looks much better now without all the rust. This is how it looked when I first bought the car.

Thanks for the help.

From some of the details I see it looks like a Total Performance kit. They're no longer around, but They had a well-engineered design.
I had a hunch that's what it was. The sucky part is that means I can't get any direct fit bodies. I was looking to replace the body with an extended one and a truck bed on the back if they sold something that worked. It's only 47" long, shortest one I've seen heh. I guess I could get another kit from somewhere else that included the body too, but if I did that could I just move everything over from one car to the other easily? It's a 23', could I even go to a 27' with still using the engine, trans, wheels, etc etc...? I can do things and my Dad was a really great mechanic of 25 years exp, but I'm no welder, neither of us are.

Spirit extended body will need a 4” frame extension. That is no problem for a welder to do. You will need a longer driveshaft as well. You will be happy with the quality of the body and they make 2 different bed lengths.

Spirit extended body will need a 4” frame extension. That is no problem for a welder to do. You will need a longer driveshaft as well. You will be happy with the quality of the body and they make 2 different bed lengths.
I've seen a lot on spirit and would love to use them! Is that something I could easily hire a local welder to do? If so, any idea on cost they might charge?

I’m sure a local welder could handle it. Problem would be taking car apart to do it. You may be able to find another street rider in your area that could do it.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back