Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New member from texas

Start with brake and steering checks. Then short trips around town then make it your own! Welcome to the world of t buckets!

Saftey First and Formost but have lots of FUN and Welcome from SE New Mexico...........

Glad to have you with us. I hope we can help you turn your acquisition into a thing of joy for you both. As others have said, safety is very important. Maybe you can tell us more about how your T-bucket is built. What engine? Transmission? Are brakes disc or drum? etc.

Again, Welcome!!!

Attachments

• 1 a.jpg
    1 a.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 15
The gentleman we bought it from had very little history. But is sbc 350 single Holley carb. Disc brakes ,for 9 inch rear end. Handles quite well. My first long drive is 70 miles bringing it home Thursday. Lol

Great! Sounds like a good basis for you to work with. Drive it awhile and get to know it's quirks and foibles. Then you can begin to "push the envelope" a little and discover it's performance potential. Mine is a blast to drive, but I respect it's raw power and potential to "get away from me."

Great! Sounds like a good basis for you to work with. Drive it awhile and get to know it's quirks and foibles. Then you can begin to "push the envelope" a little and discover it's performance potential. Mine is a blast to drive, but I respect it's raw power and potential to "get away from me."

Well got it back home in 1 piece. LOL Found we have a front wheel wobble at bout 55 MPH if you let off gas then go again its smooths out..
Tiny drip from rearend drain plug. Oh after some research found motor is a Blueprint crate motor runs strong.

Front end wobble can usually be attributed to alignment issues. Mine likes about 8 degrees of caster (kingpin-layback) and 1/8" toe-in. Some swear that theirs like a little toe-out. Just depends on your particular vehicle.

Last edited:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back