Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hub removal.

Jaybat24

I just bought a CCR t bucket that's been sitting a few years. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to get these hubs off so I can get the rings if.

Please and thanks you. 1000009336.jpg

I just bought a CCR t bucket that's been sitting a few years. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to get these hubs off so I can get the rings if.

Please and thanks you. View attachment 24940
Welcome to our, mostly, functional family. I'm sure a well adjusted member will be along shortly to assist you. Me? I'm neither well adjusted nor familiar with that wheel/hub assembly. I would assume, looking at the picture, that the center cap needs to be removed. There will probably be a castle nut behind this that adjusts/keeps a wheel bearing pressed against a race. This will need to be removed to subsequently remove the wheel/tire assembly. I could be wrong!
Please wait for someone familiar with this to respond before proceeding. Otherwise, proceed with caution!
Seriously, welcome from Chappell Nebraska!!!!
Jack

No experience with this type of rim...but the dust cap may be screwed on? When you get to the castle nut, the driver side may have reverse threads? I'm jealous, you have brakes on your spindles. Let's see the rest of the ride!

Those look like Hallcraft wheels. It’s a little different style from mine but it probably has an o ring that makes it a very loose press fit. Try a small screwdriver at the slot between cap and the wheel. Easy to do. Then castle nut like any other spindle like Jack described.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back