Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

LS swap parts

fletcherson

I have a real nice rust free 84 f350 dually from Arizona that has a wounded 460. I could and would repair it but from past experience, they are gas hogs and don’t produce very good power to cubic inch numbers. Nothing against them, it’s just the smog era stuff. It has a four speed with a gear vendor overdrive which I wish to retain. I have a donor truck with everything needed to install a 6.9 or 7.3 diesel but I am seriously considering installing a LS instead. By the numbers, they exceed the 460 in hp and torque and fuel economy, which is a serious variable. They are also pretty much bullet proof as a general transport power source and readily available and reasonably priced. My question is: do any of you have any sources or wisdom for swap kits or parts? I did some preliminary searching and was able to locate most, the only non basic swap related task is some modification to the transmission/bell housing, but I don’t recall the details. I am sure that my machinist friend will help me with that chore, he is the lead cnc mill guy and has access to the shop. I want it to be rock solid, dependable, non hacked up as it will be my daily driver. I plan to retain the ac, cruise control, etc. This has nothing to do with GM verses Ford or whatever. Just the best bang for the buck, so to speak.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back