Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Longhauls long build...

longhaul

So, this past summer I decided to start my first T-bucket build. I didn't know it then, but now I realize that at that time, I knew absolutely nothing about anything. Now, I am not sure if know less or more than I did back then... but... due to boredom, and that ole "you don't know how it works until you take it apart" (or build it) syndrome, I did what any guy would do and dove right in.

I was exposed to all the basics in my teenage youth, metal working, wood working, electronics, probably just enough to get myself in over my head (mission accomplished). But, all is not lost. So far I have managed a nice 26 inch square frame with a 7 inch kickup. I purchased a 68 Camaro rear axel. After learning all about it and a ton of wirewheeling, grinding, and degreasing, primer and paint... you would never know it was the same axel. By the way, at some point it had morphed into a 3.08 posi, which is good for me.

My most recent purchase was split radius rods, a pan hard bar kit and coil-over shocks.

Since money is the detracting factor here, I am in no rush between steps. I will have to get some pics up, but since there is not alot to show, no big rush. One thing I did mock up last night in powerpoint is below. I have the original file if anyone wants it e-mailed. Basically, I was determining if the set of rims I wanted would fit with my plans. So... like a bored guy with a computer, I mocked up plans to scale.

If anyone sees anything wrong with the setup please holler cause at this point this is my go to plan.

Mike

rea rview.jpg

The only thing I can see is you will want to have the panhard bar as level as possible to avoid any significant lateral movement if the chassis as the suspension goes up and down.

The only thing I can see is you will want to have the panhard bar as level as possible to avoid any significant lateral movement if the chassis as the suspension goes up and down.

I agree 100%.

Jim

Hmmm.... good tip. Since it was a kit, I m guessing it will be more level. Will check on actual mock-up.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back