Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Toning down shotgun headers

Anyone got a answer to quieting shotgun headers. Sorry about mistake in printing. Thanks Ronson
Thank u Spanky. I do like the sound of the shotgun headers but they are loud. I use my hearing aids shut off for a little buffer. I don’t want to upset my good neighbors. Do you happen to have a part number?

I’ve seen guys manufacture auger like baffles that tame, but not overly restrict. Someone may actually sell them. There are disk baffles, motorcycle type, with or without glass wrap, etc. you can Taylor how much you want to quiet it down by the number of disks or amount of wrap, depending on the type baffle. A basic tube baffle with holes wouldn’t be too difficult to create if you have access to basic metal fab tools. Even directing the pipes down with a turn out can help too. I get very fatigued by cackle and drone, but still love the rumble. I actually considered adding a cut out with a secondary exhaust but my build is complicated enough presently. Always room for improvement down the road.

Anyone got a answer to quieting shotgun headers. Sorry about mistake in printing. Thanks Ronson
I found some mufflers on Amazon $68 for two. Supposed to be here Thursday December 21. Looks like.030 side clearance and 1 1/2 or 1 3/4 id and 12” long. Will keep you posted. Thanks

Got the mufflers from Amazon I mentioned above $120+ for 4. Fit inside with a few modifications only problem was Id was 1.125 just didn’t sound right. Wrapped original baffles with steel wool still too loud. Put the turbos back on. Much more drivable sound wise. Thanks everyone for input. Ronson

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back