Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

T-Bucket at World of Wheels

bamabucket

I went to the World of Wheels show in Birmingham yesterday and was surprised to see a T-Bucket in one of the featured spots in the front of the exhibit floor. I have been to this show for about the last 15 years and have rarely seen a bucket and never in a featured spot where very high end show cars are displayed. This one was beautiful, with a lot of chrome everywhere and completely finished underneath, as could be seen in the mirrors under the car. I didn’t take a picture, but you can see it on page 62 of the April 2014 issue of Street Rodder in the article about the best cars from their top 2013 Street Car of the Year. The car was built by a shop in nearby Alabaster and I’m sure it was a very expensive build. I don’t know if I would consider it to be a street car but it was an example of excellent craftsmanship.

I tried to post the one from SR, but it would let me. When I saved to my storage, it came up blank.
Lee

Well, it let me that time.

8v2u.jpg

I saw the T bucket in Hoover a few months back at the Big Boys Toys event. It is a very sharp ride and Vini is a hellava nice guy. I had my Yellow T bucket in the WOW show in B'ham back in 2010, I couldn't make it this year. Work sucks!! LOL

I was looking for info on Vini's and found a link to an online article from Street Rodder about this car. It goes into detail about the build and has more pictures. I may drop by Vini's some time to talk about some mods I would like to make on my bucket but I probably couldn't afford his work.

This link will take you to page 2 - the car is on that page. You can then view the article with pics.

http://www.streetrodderweb.com/features/

Vini also has a web page and a facebook page with more pics and details about the build.

Last edited:
Would like to see the underside to see if my finished underside would compare. I covered the entire underside except the tunnel with brushed aluminum sheet. Also covered the inside floor with similar material so the wood is sandwiched between the two sheets.
All the items mounted under are bolted on with bolts running from the top sheet through the bottom sheet including the trans cooler, brake proportioning valve and all of the wiring.. There is no wood visible underneath the bucket.

It seems that at alot of the major car shows buckets have fallen out of favor under the 'kit car' stigma whether they actually are or not. I like steel but I'm not prejudiced against glass. Anything on mine that might have been kit at one time has long since been cut, sanded, modified, welded, glassed over, or sawn off and pitched.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back