Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Miss behavin' was behaving!

tfeverfred

This morning I installed the hoses and hardware for the radiator. I also picked up a new battery, cables and a remote starter. I let her run for a while and only had one leak (not the spot in the pic). I was using a fancy chrome see through gas filter and the plastic ends leaked, so I got a plain plastic see through like I should have done from the beginning. I let her go a good long while and filled the tranny with fluid. No leaks!

23T_radiator2.jpg

Sorry for not getting a video. It started to rain shortly after I took these pics, but I'll try and do one the next sunny day. She really sounds sweet when she gets warmed up!

Here's a pic of the "blinged" shock levers that Rick sent me!

23T_shock_levers0001.jpg

Thanks again, man! They sure do add a bit of sparkle to the front end.:welcome:

Here's a view from the front.

23T_radiator.jpg

I think I said this earlier, but it's real easy to see why Rick wasn't in a hurry to get a shell for his. This radiator looks great by itself.

Here's a drivers view. Man, I can't wait!

23T_radiator3.jpg

More pics and info are on my Blog Page.

Looking real good Fred now ya need one more toy on that frame and you'll be styling.

Rick said:
Looking real good Fred now ya need one more toy on that frame and you'll be styling.

:lol:Man, I've been dropping the Christmas hints at my girlfriend to go half on the body with me and she still hasn't chimed in yet. Maybe she's keeping it a secret. She went half on my powder coating when I decided I wanted it. Maybe I need to take her out to eat some more! How much lobster can a girl eat?!:welcome:

Hey, Rick, check out this T with a '32 grille that I got from the Spirit site. She's looking pretty good. I'm not sure I like where he mounted his signal lights, but it's an idea that I played with in my mind. I'm thinking lower and on the frame, but who knows. My final decision will be when I get the shell and body mounted.

And that OU plate is a definate NO NO! My buddies would have a fit!
23T_with_32grille2.jpg

As nice as a top looks, I still dig the chopped roadster look. Of course the summer heat I get here may make me eat those words.:welcome:

tfeverfred said:
Hey, Rick, check out this T with a '32 grille that I got from the Spirit site. She's looking pretty good. I'm not sure I like where he mounted his signal lights, but it's an idea that I played with in my mind. I'm thinking lower and on the frame, but who knows. My final decision will be when I get the shell and body mounted.

And that OU plate is a definate NO NO! My buddies would have a fit!
23T_with_32grille2.jpg

As nice as a top looks, I still dig the chopped roadster look. Of course the summer heat I get here may make me eat those words.:lol:
Id send a pic of mine but i still cant post picks i just keep getting invalide file.And i copy the img one grrrrr

If your posting from a Photobucket account, change the perimeters to web page size on all your pics. there is a box you check and it converts all of them. Then click on the IMG selection and copy.

Now, go to your post and just paste in where the rest of your text is.

If you have already written text, select preview, to save what you have written. You HAVE to do this or when you click back to our website, everything will be deleted.

Also, when moving back and forth between Photo Bucket and our web site, use the "page back" selection on your tool bar. What I do is, open both sites. I then write my text. Then I open Photobucket and select and copy my pic. Then I "page BACK" to the T bucket site and paste the pic in my text. Try it.

You can post as many pics as you want. Now, if you hit preview and already have a pic posted, it is going to show the pic in the preview. To paste another pic, move your cursor to the lower right hand corner of the pic in the preview block. Hit "enter" and the cursor will move to another line. You can now write some more or post another pic.

If you want, I can call you. I have free long distance, but it won't take long to walk you through it.

I DO NOT use the "file attachment" option. I never could get it to work.:eek:

Lets try this.This should be my blinkers.
Picture023.jpg

YOU GOT IT, BUBBA! :lol:

Yea, that's about where I had thought of putting mine too. It seems that just about everyone puts them there, but they just "work" in that spot.

I saw a pic somewhere of a T that used a bar that ran from one light bracket, around the front of the grill and attached to the other light bracket. His signal lights were mounted right about the edge of the grill, on the bar. I think his wires were run inside the bar. I'll try and find the pic.

A yellow painted Model A grille is going to look sweet on your car. Not many people use the Model A grille. It will be a good change from the norm.

Gonna use the chopped 32.It's thicker and more flare to it than the 28

Rick said:
Top view hope this one turns out.
Picture008.jpg

Yea, that's the spot! Cool idea using your brake line to attach the wires to. (click, save. Into the archieve!):lol:

Thats the shake down wires i plan on putting them in a clean wrap for this year.Ya never know on the shake down if ya gotta cut a hot one and it's easier to when there out in the open than all bundled in a harness.

Okay, I get it.

Looks like the '32 grille is catchy. I wonder why you don't see more? I always liked the '23 shell, but I guess it's because it's used so often. The roundness of the top of the '32 shell matches the '23 cowl better and if someone wanted to, it would be fairly simply to run support rods and make a hood.

The more I looked at the chopped '32 shell, the more it seemed to work with the chopped windshield. Kinda has the swoopy lines of a trackster.

Some interior pics of the wood and seat risers.
IM000022.jpg

This is the back.
IM000023.jpg

It's cool you got the pic situation figured out. There's a lot of info in the pics you have. Lord knows I've checked them out a lot.;)

Looking at the way Total glassed in the wood kit, if they didn't please correct me, there's no way I could have matched that.

I did the wood kit in my 2nd one and it's a real pain to cut and fit the complex angles and curves.For the money let them do it.

Did you drill your guage holes too? I know I could do it myself, BUT if I did screw it up:eek:, I'd be sick.:sad:

What i did was made a dash panel out of 6061T6 aluminum3/32 thick the shape i wanted.Then drew up the pattern circles then put a small hole in the centers of each and took a thin magic marker marked them then mounted the panel.THEN i cut through the panel and the dash.Why the trouble you ask?Cause the hole saw will walk all over the place with just the glass.
Picture014.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back