Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Kirkey Economy Series Seats ?

askiles

Has anyone put a Kirkey Economy series 09 or 15 seat in their bucket?? They make the series 09 in a 14.5" width, which is exactly what I need for my seats. I am worried most about the look of a high back seat. Does anyone have pics of high back seats in their car? All of your help is appreciated greatly!! Thanks!

-Andy

I have seen several buckets with high back seats. Personally, I think they spoil the look of a T, but everyone's taste is different.

I'm redoing my car right now with high backs:
seat%2520box%252077.JPG

You can see more at my project blog: http://www.tbucketeers.com/threads/big-redo-of-the-old-bucket.13677/

Wonder why nobody considers the suspension seats that are made for off road vehicles?? You can get them in highback or low back. I would think they would soften the harsh ride of a T-bucket. You can even get them in a bench style.
http://www.corbeau.com/corbeau/suspension_seats/

Very slick, Grant. I looked at the dimensions and the Classic and Classic II are a good fit and look.

These are the Kirkey bombers that Speedway sells with the optional covers. My Son decided to not use them in his rpu so I am going to use them in mine. With the covers they are pretty comfortable, without the covers, not so much. :(

dans30bucketseats009-1.jpg

Don

Don, how wide are those? I considered those... I need a really narrow seat as I have a LOW bucket, making a big tranny/driveshaft tunnel.

-Andy

These are the Kirkey bombers that Speedway sells with the optional covers. My Son decided to not use them in his rpu so I am going to use them in mine. With the covers they are pretty comfortable, without the covers, not so much. :(

dans30bucketseats009-1.jpg

Don

Andy, I will measure them for you and get back. They are just slightly wide. My Son finally had a guy by the name of Mike Mercurio in Georgia (I think) custom make a set of bombers because these Kirkeys were a tad to wide for his rpu too. That is how I scored these from him.

Don

I am thinking about making a custom set of bomber seats...I would get exactly what I need then.

-Andy

volksrods dot com at one time sold plans to build your own bomber seats like the ones that were in the Rat Patrol

5612720014_large.jpg

Andy, I apologize, I keep forgetting to measure the Kirkey seats when I am at the shop. I will do it tonight.

Here are the ones my Son had built for him. The guy, Mike Mercurio, made them to his dimensions. (And that shifter didn't make the final cut, he changed it out for a simple chromed handle from Gennie.)

dansinterior-1.jpg

Don

Here are the ones my Son had built for him. The guy, Mike Mercurio, made them to his dimensions. (And that shifter didn't make the final cut, he changed it out for a simple chromed handle from Gennie.)

dansinterior-1.jpg

Don

Would you son be interested in selling that Shift Handle? If yes, please have him shoot me a price at rbswelderXXX@yahoo.com. Remove teh XX's

Those look amazing Don!! Thanks for the pic. Did the guy make the cushions as well?

-Andy

No, he only made the aluminum bomber part. We had a local upholstery guy do the back pads and seat pads, which really made them much more comfortable.

Don

So anyone use any high back seats like the Kirkey's?? I really would like to see a set in there. Thanks!

-Andy

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back