Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

It came today!

That's great, Pushrod. They do build stout frames. Now the fun part: brake lines, fuel lines, wiring . . . :cool::D

Hey . . . don't talk about a friend of mine that way!:unsure: And remember, it's ninety percent enthusiasm anyway. Your desire to get it done is what will carry the day, not just your skill sets.

I checked out the differential, cleaned and painted it this weekend. It's from an S-10 with 3.73 gears. I'm happy with that. Thanks, Spirit......you're the best. ;)

Attachments

• IMG_1606.JPG
    IMG_1606.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
I think that is the way I will be going eventually as well. This old Ford 8" of mine is going to be to expensive to upgrade.

I picked up two more wheels and tires today to complete my rolling stock.

Attachments

• IMG_1607.JPG
    IMG_1607.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 66
Not yet, I want more of a late 60's early 70's look.....I'll try to tweak it as I go along......I'll be honest, I'm "winging it" here, and hoping for the best.

No worries, everyone wings it, some just have more experience and know what to expect for a certain setup.
Just remember mock up, fit and refit and then mock it up again.
Make sure your happy with what your doing.
There will always be compromises along the way but if still has the look and feel that you are after its all good.

Thanks for the encouragement, but I might end up with a piece of sh*t with a nice set of Cragars, when I'm finished. :laugh:

Experience is just that... yea, you have to screw some stuff up to get it.... have fun with it, ask questions, visit shops and watch guys do what you can’t figure out, utube has some valuable info, etc... bottom line is he who dies with the nicest garage wins... just kidding, no competition, just enjoy the hobby.

I worked on the front suspension today. Does everything look ok, so far?

Attachments

• IMG_1608.JPG
    IMG_1608.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 49
My wife thinks my household responsibilities have taken a hit since the frame arrived, I'll be cutting the grass and hanging vertical blinds tomorrow.:(

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back