Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hi from the Fadster

andy fadster

Hey all. Just to let you know a little about myself. I have been driving my T Bucket for some four years, winter and summer. That may not mean much to you but when I tell you I live in the UK in one of the wettest areas, you may get the idea that I like driving my T...a lot !!

The T has undergone some changes while I've owned it and is a regular contender a some of our racetracks, Santa Pod, Avon Park Raceway..etc.

The car ran low tens last year but changes during the winter have increased power from 525 bhp to 614 bhp with some improved tyres by Mickey Thompson and a pro ratchet shifter for more precise gear shifts

DSCF0037.jpg

This is from last year. I'll post some recent pics after next weekend which is the first race meeting of the year.

See you all later this year on my first trip stateside....

Andy

Welcome to the forum:D

love the blown T:cool:

Vance

Welcome to the forum, and man, do I love your T !! :lol: Has a really cool look to it and even the roll bar setup looks like it belongs there. Very well done indeed.

You certainly have guts driving it in the winter in the UK..........even the Summers in England are a Tuesday in July. :lol:

Don

andy fadster said:
...I have been driving my T Bucket for some four years, winter and summer. That may not mean much to you but when I tell you I live in the UK in one of the wettest areas, you may get the idea that I like driving my T...a lot !!

Andy

Yep! I'm pretty sure if you came to Seattle you'd feel right at home so I totally relate!

So when you coming stateside? You going to be able to go to any of the T-bucket events or ya just going to bring the T over and kick some buttocks on Pinks (a show where they race for titles)... :razz:

:lol:

I just couldn't race for pink slips...love the T too much !! Hoping to get to as many shows as possible but want to see the sights too. My own fault really, I have left it far too long to visit you guys. Too much to do in so little time. Just going back into the garage now to fit the wheelie bars ready for next weekend. I'll let you know how I got on.

The rollcage is completely different now with a more "funny car" look about it. I'll value your opinions on how it looks. Unfortunately for me, with the times the T's doing..no cage no race.

Welcome Andy. I think i'm going to call you '' 'nad man ". Anyone who drives thier T year around has to have a large pair. Glad to see you here. We'll all be waiting to see this weekends results.

Ron

Welcome Andy, cool T. :lol:

AWESOME T and great video! Welcome to the forum.:lol: It always cool to see a car that HAS to have a roll cage!:lol:

I did say that I would post some more photos but realise that the intro forum is probably not the place to do it, so you'll find more on the photo forum, along with the new photos of the cage, wheelie bars and a short vid of the engine during the dyno works a couple of months ago.

Thanks for all your interest guys, it really helps keep the enthusiasm going.

Andy

Hi Andy

Good to see you've found your way onto here, best of luck with the coming season. Please let me know if you ever decide to sell rides!

Welcome. It's hard to beat a black blown t bucket. I've been in your neck of the woods before. The weather can change so fast. I've flown into Manchester twice in the past twelve years on holiday. (Vacation for us Americans). I noticed from the picture that the steering wheel appears to be on the left side of the car. That's unusual isn't it for a country where every other car has the steering wheel on the right hand side. You must get a lot of looks.

The T, for me, is the archetypal hot rod and as such, should never be driven in right hand drive. It feels so right to drive on "the wrong side".....

Manchester is changeable and driving a T is no fun when the weather closes in and you feel like you are being shot in the head with each rain drop hitting you...especially when it hits your forehead at 100 mph on the motorway...

Having said that, I would rather drive the T in the rain than my daily driver in the sun, so that says something doesn't it ? Yes, it means I'm some sort of fool !!

andy fadster said:
The T, for me, is the archetypal hot rod and as such, should never be driven in right hand drive. It feels so right to drive on "the wrong side".....

Manchester is changeable and driving a T is no fun when the weather closes in and you feel like you are being shot in the head with each rain drop hitting you...especially when it hits your forehead at 100 mph on the motorway...

Having said that, I would rather drive the T in the rain than my daily driver in the sun, so that says something doesn't it ? Yes, it means I'm some sort of fool !!

No not a fool, just in touch with whats important in life. My DD is a Harley rain or shine, the only time I drive my truck is when its raining when I leave the house in the morning, or have to haul something.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back