Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Down Home Arkansas

v65rider

Hi,
I've been prompted to introduce myself sine I've only been lurking for a while so here goes. I'm Dave Berkey(v65rider) frome Mountain View, Arkansas, about 50 miles South of Mountain Home. I retired here in 1997 after living in Oklahoma most of my life.
I'm new to T Buckets as I just bought one a couple of years ago while I was working storm cleanup in New Orleans. Mine is an original steel body with a 400 inch small block and powerglide. It took some hard searching to discover it had a '51 ford rearend(soon to be replaced by a '57 chevy rearend I have). The power glide will go and a TH400 I have will take it's place. As far as I know. it was built in Lubbock Texas in the early 80s and that's really all I've been able to find out.
I've done a good deal of work to get the brakes right and dozens of other things related to safety and driveability.
Anyway, I've learned a lot from lurking and reading on this and other sited. Lots of great information out there.

v65rider

Welcome to the group. We love pictures, and would love to see yours. Sounds like a car with some history, which always makes a car even better. :rofl:

Don

Welcome, you fun meter will be pegged here. :rofl:

another powerglide fan......AWESOME!!!!
I'm in Amarillo, maybe its just homesick, send it to me, I'll make it feel at home!!

I have a 'glide in my '34 3 window :cool::D:D

Welcome to our little corner of cyberspace
:rofl:

Vance

I lived in Amarillo in '63-'66, stationed at the air base there. Had a powerglide then too only in a '56 chevy wagon.

v65rider said:
Here are a couple of pictures. I hope I did this right.

Nice ride.What is that front axle from?Nice interior to.

v65rider said:
I lived in Amarillo in '63-'66, stationed at the air base there. Had a powerglide then too only in a '56 chevy wagon.

you wouldn't recognize the place:eek:
about all that is left is the housing. everything else have been demolished.

Amarillo has really grown the past 20+ years. I've been here since 1981.

nice ride, by the way:cool:

Vance

The axle is from an early Plymouth I think. The upholstery is far worse than the pictures show and will be replaced when funds allow. I had a thinly padded plywood seat when I got it that made it about impossible to go further than around the block. It now has a replacement ford seat from MACs.

Coupefreak said:
you wouldn't recognize the place:eek:
about all that is left is the housing. everything else have been demolished.

Amarillo has really grown the past 20+ years. I've been here since 1981.

nice ride, by the way:cool:

Vance

I've been back a few times in later years and even went out and looked at the place. You're reight, it changed a bunch from when I was there.

I know this will get a few laughs.......I bought it off Ebay and I Ass-U-Med it was fiberglas. I was very surprised to find it is steel and someone welded the door shut.

Welcome Dave, nice bucket.

:D from Dumas.Texas,,

Let me add my welcome to the list. I'm glad to hear you've found some useful info here.A man's gotta have something to do while waiting for that check every month. Hope to hear more from you.

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back