Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Quick survey . . .

Spanky

Staff member
What brakes are you running on your hotrod? Most of us - me included - have disc front/drum rear. How about you?

(My setup: Chevy drums on 10-bolt rear; Gm 'metric' calipers on Mustang II rotors on front.)

Attachments

• Frame & rearend.jpg
    Frame & rearend.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 10
  • 9 front axle.jpg
    9 front axle.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Wilwood rear Aitheart front but the tires are only 3” wide so not expecting much help there! Lol

GM calipers on the front. Ford drums on the 8 inch rear end out back. That's how my car came, though the car has never been finished, not even close to it. As I finish it that might change, but I doubt it

I have large drum on the rears, 11 x 2.5, from memory, stock from a GM front loader 9.2 with speedway disk on the front... I used their rotors and calipers that are for spindle mount rims and modified the skinny spindle mount magnesium wheels that came on my bucket o bolts to accept them. That was a project in itself. I don’t know how much real braking I will get from the fronts, but I decided to give it the best I could for control. I also incorporated a adjustable proportioning valve and a line lock via momentary spst switch on the shifter to assist with driving in town at traffic lights on hills, etc, as there is some uneven terrain where I used to cruise and with the limited foot space due to having three pedals, I thought it would make it more comfortable to drive. Someday maybe I’ll actually finish the project and try it out with all of the enhancements I’ve made to the car. It originally only had rear drums.

I've got 11 inch disks on both ends. Ford 8.8 ('99 Explorer) in rear, GM calipers on early Ford spindle in front

Wilwood discs up front. They are either 11" or 11.5". Early 90's Lincoln 11" discs on the rear with emergency drum brakes inside rotor. Bought both years ago. I plan to add a line lock on the front.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back