Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New Guy from Titusville Fl

The guy told me it is a tube frame?

Most T-bucket frames are built from rectangular tubing, either 1-1/2" x 3" (Speedway) or 2" x 3" (Spirit), so no surprise there. There are some I've seen built from round tubing, like some dragsters, but the one in the picture seems to have rectangular tubing. A question might be who built the frame?

I think it was built in '06 somewhere around the east coast florida. What do you think about the length of the frame?

I like long frames. They ride better and are a lot more stable. That body looks like one of Ron Popes (RPM sponsor on this site) and I don’t think he has been building that body that long. He builds frames some it may be one of his. I’m sure he’ll chime in soon. The only thing I see right off I would change is pull the headlights back beside the radiator but that is personal preference. As for the length of the frame my project has a 160” wheelbase! Lol

Well I do like long sleds...
index.php

This one here...thoughts?
index.php

Things I like: engine choice (SB Chevy), smooth body/paint, interior looks good, steering wheel placement, wheels & tires, chrome pieces.

Things I might change: I'm not a fan of tunnel rams on the street (just me :rolleyes:); move tie rod behind the axle; put plug wires under the headers. (I know . . . picky, picky, picky!)

That said, it's a beautiful car, and if it runs as good as it looks, and is priced reasonably, well . . . your call . . .

Last edited:
Spanky, looks like you might want to be building another T Bucket. You have it designed and detailed already!!! Just pick the color and you’re half way there.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back