Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

New From Indiana

JasonLounsbery

Hello from Indiana. My father recently passed away and I am trying to learn as much as possible about his T bucket. He built it before I was born. And then re-built it about 20 yrs ago. It is powered by a 401 Buick Nailhead and 400 trans. I have only driven it twice. It seems to shake a lot when you hit about 65 mph. I have to figure that out. So I have been searching the posts for some answers

Hello, Jason, and welcome from St Louis. I love the engine in your car.

You are describing a fairly common complaint with T-buckets, what some call the "death wobble." It can result from a sort of harmonic vibration between suspension components on the front end when they are out of adjustment, but usually occurs a lower speeds than what you describe. I'm thinking yours may be tire balance. Can you see the front tire(s) bouncing at the speed where this occurs?

Welcome from rainy Oklahoma. Check out the tires first. Next check the caster on the front end. 5 to 7 degrees seems to be good for most.

I did not notice the tire bouncing. My fist thought was tire balance. Last night I noticed the front right spring bracket was loose. As soon as i fix that and am able to take it for a spin. I will look at it.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back