Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hi from super4ord

super4ord

Just joined the forum. Thank you for allowing me to be a member here. I'm from Oklahoma City. I want to build a bobbed t bucket, but want to have a hard top roof over me. I've looked at Speedway motors at their stretched 34 Ford truck cab. I think that is the way I want to go. Plan is to power it with a 250 CI inline 6 cylinder and probably a T5 5 speed with an 8" Ford rear axle. I have a couple of Australian heads and some intake manifolds. My wife says we should call it a Truck Bucket or Trucket. Have been collecting parts to build. Probably my biggest concern is the frame construction. I want it to have a dropped straight I beam front axle with 4 bars & a kick up after the cab for the rear axle & fuel tank like a bobbed t bucket is. Gasser spokes up front, with wide wheels in the rear. I want a hood top, but no sides. Probably going to use a Lynx triple sidedraft 2bbl intake and Hooker 6602 headers with the Aussie head.

Welcome from St Louis, Super4ord! Sounds like you've given your dream hot rod lots of thought. Have you considered a C-cab body? And what would you have in the rear, a gas tank?

Hi Spanky. Thanks for the welcome. I have always loved T-buckets. I thought about a C-cab, but want a sealed cab for year round driving. I also decided against a soft top. That's the reason I think the Speedway motors extended 34 truck caught my eye. I was on there looking at their T-bucket stuff. Yes, the plan is to have a fuel tank back there, just like a bobbed T-bucket. I was just thinking, do C-cabs have closed doors & a sealed cab? I have only ever seen them without doors.

I'm from Oklahoma City. I want to build a bobbed t bucket, but want to have a hard top roof over me. I've looked at Speedway motors at their stretched 34 Ford truck cab. I think that is the way I want to go. Plan is to power it with a 250 CI inline 6 cylinder
Welcome for Yukon Oklahoma, what side of OKC do you live???

Do you have Chevy 250 CuIn motor yet, if not I have one that's in my way! Think cheap!

Hi Indycars. I'm in southwest OKC. Just west of Western & north of 119th in the Green Valley Estates. Thank you, but I already have 4 engines. I just finished a Ford 200 6 cylinder rebuild with an aftermarket aluminum head from Classic Inlines. Had Folkes Machine from Norman do the machine work & long block assembly. First time I didn't build the engine myself. It is for my 1980 Mustang. I want to do a 250 6 cylinder for my Trucket. I have two Australian heads & 3 intake manifolds for them. The plan is to use one of them with a Lynx sidedraft triple 2bbl intake & a Hooker 6602 header. Right now I plan on a T5 5 speed manual behind it.

Well ... we are pretty darn close to each other! Let me know if I can help!

Sounds like you are talking about a Ford 250 inch motor and not Chevy ??? Never seen a
Lynx carb, this should be a very interesting engine for a TBucket.

Thank you Indycars. I do appreciate that. Yes, I have a 250 Ford engine. The Lynx is the intake manifold. They are made in Australia. Probably use 3 Weber or Dellorto sidedraft 2 bbls to start with. I'd prefer fuel injection, but that will probably be quite expensive. Some time maybe we could meet up. Is there a T-bucket group around OKC? It would be different.

No official TBucket group, but there is several from the forum that are somewhat close.

old round fart: Hinton OK
JetMech727: Claremore OK
choppedtop: Broken Arrow OK
Indycars: Yukon OK
super4ord: Oklahoma City

Did I miss anyone???

No official TBucket group, but there is several from the forum that are somewhat close.

old round fart: Hinton OK
JetMech727: Claremore OK
choppedtop: Broken Arrow OK
Indycars: Yukon OK
super4ord: Oklahoma City

Did I miss anyone???

Looks like an Oklahoma Chapter for the NTBA to me . . . :rolleyes:

Yes, I have a 250 Ford engine. The Lynx is the intake manifold. They are made in Australia. Probably use 3 Weber or Dellorto sidedraft 2 bbls to start with. I'd prefer fuel injection, but that will probably be quite expensive. Some time maybe we could meet up. Is there a T-bucket group around OKC? It would be different.

This guy used to post here, but haven't heard from him in about a year. I believe he lives in Florida. His T is also powered by a Blue Oval 6 . . .

124-jpg.15032

essex4.jpg essex1.jpg Welcome. I used to live in SW OKC in the same area. Had a 1931 Essex coupe that I could never complete. If I had had the web and this forum, it would have run like a bat out of hell. Your plan sounds like a great one. Carry on!!

Last edited:
Looks like a 240 or a 300 Big Block 6 cylinder. Looks like a Hilborn fuel injection intake manifold too, or maybe just the late model truck fuel injection lower intake with runners cut off. It's definitely the late model fuel injection engines dual cast exhaust manifolds.

Another welcome from Claremore, OK. Project sounds interesting. I've eyed that truck cab several times myself.

All you guys from Oklahoma and I spend a lot of time there for work. Been in OKC area two times in the last 3 weeks and headed there again in two weeks.

All you guys from Oklahoma and I spend a lot of time there for work. Been in OKC area two times in the last 3 weeks and headed there again in two weeks.

I'm originally from Houston. Grew up in the 1960 / Tomball area and graduated from Klein HS in 79. Folks still live in the Woodlands but I moved away in 80. Just go down to visit now.

dwsatt21,

We could meet at my place, the garage is well heated if needed and we can have some
pizza. Let us know, when you know, about your trip to Oklahoma City.

I'm on the west side of OKC in the Yukon area.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back