Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Dash

fletcherson

Hey Guys, I have decided to do something other than the flat dash in my '23 T. I have seen several options and can buy them to install, but I plan on making mine, or modifying it. Any ideas, comments? I want to include a small glove compartment under the passenger side, not sure if I will include a door or just a tray sort of thing. Just for cell phone or whatever other carried items that I don't want bouncing around inside. I am close to the glass stage on the floor and interior, so I would like to try to get all of the basic fabrication done, so I can do the glass systematically, all at once, and not do several different stages of glasswork if I can avoid it, or at least the majority.

My computer says unsecure site.!!!

Funny the threads are on this site?????

Thanks Gerry! Good stuff.

Did you find the other 2 threads?

G

I've spent the last couple years trying to resist the temptation to do what you want to do. Ever since they were new back in the early '60s I've been in love with the Chrysler Astrodome instrument cluster.
Chrysler astrodome.jpg
One would be neat for an early '60s theme car. But then you'd have to find one of the early MOPAR clear sparkle steering wheels
Chrysle3r sparkle wheel.jpg

OH. My. GAWD. Awesomeness! Why do I suddenly want that cluster and wheel. Well, not the wheel. It looks too wide, but a Superior 500 metal flake wheel will be on radar.

I've spent the last couple years trying to resist the temptation to do what you want to do. Ever since they were new back in the early '60s I've been in love with the Chrysler Astrodome instrument cluster.
View attachment 11887
One would be neat for an early '60s theme car. But then you'd have to find one of the early MOPAR clear sparkle steering wheels
View attachment 11888
They just don't make cool stuff like that anymore, makes me home sick. It reminds me of when my dad used to buy and sell cars, there were so many cool design features that are lost to time. I have a ford 50 year aniversery steering wheel, that I found, hanging in my office, pretty sure it's off of a truck, it's too large to use. I would post a pic, but I don't feel like fooling with photobucket, etc..

Theres a car in Tulsa with that instrument cluster. Every time I see that car I check it out. I love that cluster

My first encounter with the MOPAR sparkle wheel was my dad's new 1961 Plymouth wagon
1961PlymouthDash.jpg
When it came time to order his '64 wagon, he wanted another one of those sparkle wheels. When they finally convinced him that the '64 columns and the '61 steering wheels where not compatible, he demanded a spare '64 column to experiment with. My mom still had both into the early '90s.

My thoughts exactly. I wasn't around for the sixties but what a cool time. You had the beginning of the jet age and the space race and everything looked like it was doing a thousand miles an hour.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back