Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Another T-Bucket guy

Ken

Well I can finally post stuff, been a member since 2016, but only lurk and read the forums, as I haven't had a T until recently, and out of respect I didn't feel I should be posting until I had one. Kinda like the new guy at a job keeping his mouth shut until he "paid his dues" and start fitting in?!?!
Anyways, have owned a few HotRods, have a '25 Drs. T, a '30 Tudor sedan, and the daughter has a '32 Roadster (story behind that for a different time), and I traded a project '32 Ford Tudor sedan for the T-Bucket I now have. I gotta wait the usual 10 posts before I can post pictures, so when I hit that milestone, I'll get them up.
Thanks, Ken

Welcome, Ken. Can't wait to see your pics. In the meantime (and to help you get 10 messages) tell us about your bucket: engine? transmission? paint? wheels & tires?

Ahh, crap, I didn't even think to describe it!! Was just waiting to post pictures...hah!
Haven't figured out what body/frame it is,mount the earliest registration I found was '83 in SouthDakota, was bought in '93 by a guy in Montana, he went through a divorce/mid life crisis, drove it, spun out, and parked it out of fear. Last licensed (the plate reads: T 4 2) in '94, Ben sitting ever since in his shop. My friend went there and got it along with 2 other cars in a package deal, and he and I did the trade (my '32 sedan, body/frame, core flathead, roller) as I'll NEVER get the '32 done. And the T was a running driving rig.

Shoot, hit post, by accident instead of return!
Anyways,mthank body and frame are in excellent shape, drum brakes, '64 283, with a turbo350 trans. Has the typical tube axle, hairpins, and friction shocks in the head tube. Had a single carb tunnelram, until this weekend when I put on my dual carbed Tunnelram. I kept ALL the Super bell chrome front axle stuff off my sedan which I'll be putting on the T, drilled and dropped chrome axle, wishbones, spindles, etc. running 14x6, and 15x10 Supremes, with bias ply's & whitewalls. Diamond tuck red/black vinyl, and red paint, on a black frame. Open headers, nice cam, shift kit, and it runs great. I'm actually more into the Tommy Ivo style of T's, and mine is more of a late 60's early 70's style, but I'm working with what I have.

Just because some people wince, when they find out I traded off an actual 1932 Ford 2 door sedan, I'll explain:
I was building the '32 when my youngest daughter was diagnosed with an extreme rare form of Cancer, and not expected to survive. I quit working on cars altogether, as she was a "car girl" out in the shop with me. It took a toll on my wife and I, and her, and the family. But she is now in remission and Cancer free after 5 years of treatment, we are slowly getting back to normal, my daughter and I built a DuneBuggy together after the Drs. Cleared her, and then a TV show called "The Ride That Got Away" with our friend Troy Ladd (Hollywood HotRods), and Courtney Hansen (Overhaulin') built her, her dream car, a '32 Ford Roadster. Regarding the sedan trade, we have so much medical debt from hers, then my cancer treatments, I couldn't afford to build the '32, thus having fun in a T-Bucket with the wife was a no brainer decision.
If that's too,much info and deemed unnecessary on here let me know and I'll delete it, but just wanted to appease anyone wondering why I would trade off such a valuable car for a fiberglass reproduction car.

I had a steel ‘32 5 window and had more fun with my bucket. Sold the coupe and building another bucket. There is only a few ways to build a ‘32 but endless ways to build a t. Glad your daughter kicked cancers butt and enjoys cars.

Good to hear your stories of beating cancers. Glad you both are better, and back to building and enjoying cars.

Your bucket sounds really cool. 283's are great engines, and sound so cool when you wind 'em up tight!:D

I kept ALL the Super bell chrome front axle stuff off my sedan which I'll be putting on the T, drilled and dropped chrome axle, wishbones, spindles, etc.

Do you plan on adding disc brakes to your "new" front end? o_O

Welcome Ken can't wait to see pictures mine is an old build also , the more I drive it the more she's a keeper may go with cam and lifters next had my engine apart so many times could do it in the dark now, only thing I hate about pulling it apart is the dam antifreeze gets everywhere even with my buckets under her I still make a mess

Thanks everyone, I was able to put a picture in my avatar spot, and that’s the T now as it sits other than I have dual Holley’s on a Weiand Tunnelram onnit now instead of just the single AFB.

Are you not able to edit posts?? A couple of times my phone has deleted or changed words I typed, but I am not seeing an -edit- button??

Are you not able to edit posts?? A couple of times my phone has deleted or changed words I typed, but I am not seeing an -edit- button??

The edit function is only available for 10 minutes after posting . . would be nice to see that change

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back